- They have 330-degree field of vision and hearing and sense
of smell to be quite exceptional with their hearing range similar
- A raised tail is a sure sign of trouble. The higher the tail,
the bigger the trouble
- Stampeding bison are not afraid of you. They are faster than
- Bison are not confrontational animals. Escape via open space
will always be their first choice when threatened.
- They have dense, woolly winter coats they shed in a the spring
- Bison are molting animals which shed their coats in the spring
of each year.
- About 400,000 American Buffalo in the US
- About 250,000 American Buffalo in Canada
- They have very strong herd instincts and will follow a leader.
- They are excellent jumpers
- They eat snow when water is covered with ice.